Sunday, April 24, 2011

Conflicted Catharsis

 

Today was that special time of the month.

 

No, I’m not talking about my period. Today was that magical day that hits me unexpectedly about once a month. For a day, I think I can live an organized lifestyle.

Today, I organized several drawers, closets, and collections. All my school papers have their places in organized folders and my room looks like a magazine advertisement.

For one day out of every month, I get this weird feeling to clean and to organize my life so I, too, can live that perfect stress-free life people pretend exists.

During this non-Chelsea-like day, I actually believe that I will continue to put everything back in its new home behind bright white labels and in clearly distinguishable stacks. Tomorrow, I’ll laugh manically as I put that English folder right in the middle of my sheet music. Heck, I may even put Sousa in with my college work just to screw around with my sanity.

See, it’s really hard to accomplish anything of note when you have an evil side that likes to watch the good side start sputtering in frustration. I call it conflicted catharsis. Actually, I don’t call it that, but I think I may start.

Anywho, I’m going to use this newfound responsible energy for something more productive than blogging.

Who knows, maybe this time the organizational bug will stay awhile. Doubtful.

(Friday, April 22, 2011)

2 comments:

  1. "I call it conflicted catharsis. Actually, I don’t call it that, but I think I may start."

    ~~~

    ReplyDelete