Thursday, April 7, 2011

Il mio Audition è finito!

Spring Arbor Audition

 

 

 

 

 

I am very tired.

Well, the audition went pretty well. I’m in!

After I warmed up, I sat outside the vocal director’s office, as I was told. Then, the receptionist comes up and says that no one had seen the man all day and knocked on the door.

I was sitting outside of an empty office!

She scrambled around trying to find him, tripping over her apologies. Calling him, she found out he went home sick. In the meantime, the professor doing my instrument audition was AWOL.

The girl found another director to listen to my vocal audition, and he was really nice. At the end of the audition, the vocal director walked in. Evidently, both he and the instrumental guy were now present.

It was so hectic I didn’t even get a chance to be nervous! It was great.

I am content with how I did in each audition. I’m very unyielding in my expectations of myself, so I know the things I wished would have gone better; however, I did very well and each director welcomed me aboard.

That’s it. I’m a music student now. That slightly terrifies me.

I have also made a tentative decision to major in instrumental education. If I take a vocal pedagogy class and stay in the choir throughout my five years at SAU, I will have enough knowledge to cover my bases in case I’m put into a position where I need to teach a choir class. I’ll also go over elementary ed info in case I ever need to teach Twinkle Twinkle to tots. 

SpringArborUniversityMusic

I’m excited, but predominantly tired. Also, terror covers up some of the excitement. Being an English Major would have been MUCH easier – I really hope I can keep up with this. But … lately, I’ve been all about challenging myself. This definitely attests to that.

But! Il mio Audition è finito!! No more obsessing!

I need a bubble bath and I need sleep. For now, I’ll just troll Facebook.

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment