Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jenga! Real-Life Edition

 

In 37 hours, I will find out if I made the right decision. I find out my appraised worth and whether or not I will be accepted warmly into SAU’s music department.

Until then, I practice and I worry.

At 10:30am, I have my vocal auditions, where I will sing “When I am Laid in Earth” from Dido and Aeneas and “Wallet” by Regina Spektor with Dr. Charles Livesay. Next, I have an appointment with Mr. Tiechmer to play "Andante Pastoral et Scherzettino" by Paul Taffanel on flute and “Stars and Stripes Forever” (cough, cough. Coolest piece ever written. cough, cough) by John Philip Sousa on piccolo.

Chelsea_Ady

At this point, my feelings are mixed. I feel I can do well, I’m just nervous that I will freeze up. The key point is telling myself that I have prepared well and what will come out will be a product of my preparation and attitude.

37 hours. In 37 hours, this will all be over and I can relax knowing that I did great and will continue successfully in my music classes.

^See that false air of confidence there? If it’s 50% attitude, I have to lock in the mindset now!

Wish me luck; keep me in your prayers!

 

~C

  Chelsea Ady

No comments:

Post a Comment